Celebrate your special event in sophisticated style where the décor is incomparable and the experience is extraordinary.
The James A. Michener Art Museum, named for Doylestown’s Pulitzer-Prize winning author and philanthropist, is ideally located in the heart of scenic Bucks County. The museum is housed in a beautifully restored historic site that began as the Bucks County prison in 1884. Today, the Michener has been transformed into a welcoming center of culture and beauty providing a dramatic and elegant setting to entertain guests, clients and employees.
The Michener offers a truly unique experience for all kinds of events:
- Gala Dinners
- Cocktail Receptions
- Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
- Corporate Meetings and Seminars
- Luncheon Receptions
- Bridal Showers
The Michener Art Museum’s exclusive caterer is Catering By Design. With custom menus inspired by dishes and flavors from around the world, Catering By Design skillfully infuses tastes and flavors of the cuisine with overall conceptual design.
During your celebration you and your guests may stroll through our galleries. Formal tours of the galleries can be arranged for your event with one of our experienced docents.
The Michener is completely accessible, air-conditioned and offers ample free parking. Audio-visual equipment is available upon request. Specified discounts are available to non-profit organizations, individual members and business partners.
For More Information
For rates and availability, please contact Lindsay Albert, or by phone at 267-785-0002.
Edgar N. Putman Event Pavilion
The Event Pavilion Specfications
- 2,500 square foot light-filled, all-glass structure
- 4,500 square foot outdoor courtyard space for ceremonies and receptions
- Accessible by indoor connection to the galleries and by a separate garden entrance
- Banquet seating for 180 with dancing
- Theater style seating for 200
- Flexible space to incorporate in and outdoor concepts as well as accommodate rain plans
Grand Entrance Hall
The Entrance Hall Specifications
- Adjacent to museum galleries and accessible to Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden Terrace
- 150+ for a cocktail reception (minimal seating)
Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden Terrace*
The Sculpture Garden Specifications
- 200 max. for a sit-down, served reception (no dancing)
- 160 max. for a sit-down, served reception with dancing
- 200+ for cocktail reception (minimal seating)
*Terrace can accommodate up to 40-by-60-foot tent to be provided by client through an approved vendor of the Michener Art Museum.
Penn Color Board Room
The Board Room Specifications
- Private board room with furnishings by Robert Whitley
- 26 max for meetings & luncheon