Bequests and Planned Giving
Planned gifts help donors tailor bequests and structure gifts of life insurance, appreciated securities, art collections, and other assets. A variety of life income arrangements is available, including charitable gift annuities, deferred gift annuities, pooled income funds, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trusts.
Kinds of Property Acceptable and Minimum Gifts Required
The following kinds of property may be used to fund the types of planned gifts noted below:
- Bequest: Cash, securities, real estate, and personal property including gifts of art.No minimum gift required.
- Charitable Gift Annuity and Deferred Gift Annuity: Cash, appreciated securities, marketable real property. Minimum gift: $10,000
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: Cash, appreciated securities, bonds, and marketable real property. No tangible personal property. Minimum gift suggested: $100,000
- Grantor Lead Trust: Cash, any revenue producing asset including closely held companies. Minimum gift open for discussion.
- Non-Grantor Lead Trust: Cash, any revenue producing asset including closely held companies. Minimum gift open for discussion.
- Revocable Trust: Cash, tax-free bonds, and any revenue-producing asset. No minimum gift.
- Life Estate: Residence, farm, and vacation home. No minimum gift.
For assistance or more information about how you can support the Michener Art Museum through a planned gift, please contact Laurie McGahey, Senior Director of Advancement, at 215.340.9800 ext. 161 or by e-mail.