Michener Art Museum members are the ultimate insiders—join today and see exhibitions first and free!
Not only does your tax-deductible membership contribution provide the Michener with critical support, you reap the rewards as well!
Membership Benefits and Privileges
When you become a member of the Michener Art Museum, you join a special group of people who care about keeping the arts alive in our community. Your contributions support exhibitions, programming and education.
Our members take advantage of free admission to all exhibitions, members-only exhibition preview receptions, priority registration and discounts on programs and special events. Members also receive discounts on museum dining and shopping and much more. View our upcoming members-only events.
Let the Michener be your passport to a world of art!
Whether you seek to explore the globe or gain new insights into domestic destinations, the Michener Art Museum can help open the door through our partnership with the Museum Travel Alliance.
Now you can explore new horizons, all while supporting the Museum you know and love. As a member of the Michener, you have the opportunity to take advantage the Museum Travel Alliance’s exclusive selection of travel opportunities, including visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites, travel on elegant chartered vessels and luxury trains, and behind-the-scenes tours of major cultural institutions. To learn more about upcoming opportunities, visit MuseumTravelAlliance.com.
- Unlimited free admission for one year
- One personalized membership card
- One free Guest Pass (valid for one use)
- 10% discount at Museum Shop and Terrace Café
- Invitations to members-only exhibition receptions and programs
- Discounts on adult programs
- Free subscription to Q: The Magazine of the Michener Art Museum
- Research privileges in the Museum Library (by appointment only)
All benefits of an Individual level membership, plus:
- Membership benefits for two adults, or one designated individual plus a guest
All benefits of a Dual level membership, plus:
- Admission for member’s children or grandchildren under the age of 18
- One additional free Guest Pass (total of 2)
- Discount on children’s art programs
All benefits of a Household level membership, plus:
- One additional free Guest Pass (total of 3)
- Reciprocal admission to more than 900 museums nationwide through the North American Reciprocal Museum Program (NARM) and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
*Please note reciprocal privileges may only be extended to members named on membership cards.
Join at a Premier Level and become part of the Michener’s inner circle. Enjoy special access to exclusive programs and private events designed to enhance your experience with the Museum and its collection!
All benefits of a Contributor level membership, plus:
- One additional free Guest Pass (total of 4)
- Invitations to exclusive artist and sponsor receptions
- Opportunity to join the Museum’s Photography Patrons Circle (additional contribution required)
- 5% discount on facility rentals
- 15% discount at the Museum Shop
All benefits of a Sustaining level membership, plus:
- Complimentary exhibition catalogue
- Admission for up to 4 adults each visit
- 10% discount on facility rentals
- Free Docent-Led Tour for 15 people (advance reservations required)
All benefits of a Patron level membership, plus:
- A private curator-led Behind the Scenes Tour at the Michener
- 15% discount on facility rentals
Affiliate Memberships Available to Premier Level Members
The Photography Patrons Circle is a Museum affiliate group of artists, collectors, young professionals, and photography aficionados who share a passion for supporting the Michener and its commitment to photography and new media initiatives.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Invitations to exclusive Photography Patrons Circle events, including curator-led tours, regional day trips, and visits to galleries and private collections
- Name recognition as a member in the Photography Patrons Circle on the Museum’s website, in Q: The Magazine of the Michener Art Museum, on the Museum’s annual donor board, and other materials
- Access to social gatherings with like-minded individuals
- Advance notice of and insight into photography-based activities at the Michener
All memberships are valid for one year from date of purchase. Guest passes are valid for admission during regular Museum hours. Guest passes cannot be combined with other discounts and are not valid for Museum tours or programs.
For information regarding your tax deductible portion, call the Membership Office at 215.340.9800 x110. Your membership fee is tax deductible to the extent the law allows. Please consult your tax advisor. The official registration and financial information of the James A. Michener Art Museum can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania: 1-800-732-0999.