Outreach Programs for Adults
The Michener Art Museum offers off-site docent-led programs designed to introduce your organization to the museum’s art collection and architecture. Program options include
- Art appreciation talks
- PowerPoint programs on the following topics:
- Michener Art Museum History & Highlights – overview of the museums architectural history and start as a museum, images of the core collection including: Pennsylvania Impressionists, Portraits, Studio Craft, Contemporary, Sculpture, overview of recent changing exhibits & current programs.
- Michener Art Museum Studio Craft Collection – introduction to Studio Craft, defined as craft work produced by independent studio artists working with traditional materials, such as wood, glass, metal, or clay. The Michener’s studio craft collection includes works by George Nakashima, Paul Evans, Phillip Lloyd Powell, Robert Whitley, David Ellsworth and many others. The collection has an exciting variety of media and style, many with a sense of whimsy; all are created with a reverence for the materials.
- Lasting Impression – An Introduction to the New Hope Art Colony & Pennsylvania Impressionism. Docent will introduce the celebrated artists who began the revered regional art movement in the late 1880s, with a look at their beautiful paintings exhibited by the Michener Art Museum. Many of these artists were on the faculty of Philadelphia’s finest art schools of the era, and shared their Bucks County homes with colleagues and students, inspiring vibrant and cherished artwork.
- & much more! Contact our Education department for more details.
- Exhibition specific presentation
Advanced registration is required at least three weeks in advance. Please contact the Education Department for registration and information: 215.340.9800 x124.