Access to the Archives
- Michener Archives materials do not circulate and can only be used in the Archives when the Archivist is present.
- The Michener Archives is open by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled with at least two weeks advance notice by completing an Appointment Request form. Please include desired dates and times.
- Certain materials in the archival collections are not available to the public in order to protect individual privacy and proprietary rights of the museum, when materials cannot be safely handled, or by donor request. Unprocessed materials are not available to outside researchers.
- All photocopying or other forms of reproduction are subject to staff approval and will be undertaken by the staff; a fee for this service is payable according to themuseum’s fee structure.
- Archival materials are never to be altered or defaced.
- The museum holds literary rights only for material created by museum personnel or given to the museum with such rights specifically granted. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
- Archival materials may only be published with the written consent of the Archivist and Collections Registrar.