We are very proud to host a free gallery program geared towards people with dementia. Open to the public, Art for All creates opportunities for meaningful engagement with art by people with moderate stage dementia, including Alzheimer’s. The programs provide interactive gallery-based art appreciation experiences that encourage verbal expression and often awake treasured memories.
Caregivers benefit too: The tranquil beauty of our galleries can be a welcome respite, and specially trained docents lead the hour-long sessions.
Individual participants and their caregivers are invited to attend any of our spring sessions (maximum participation is eight people per session):
- Monday, March 14 from 10:30-11 am
- Monday, April 11 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, May 9 from 10:30-11:30 am
Additionally, individuals and staff members within care facilities (maximum of eight people per session) are invited to attend on:
- Monday, March 7 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, March 21 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, April 4 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, April 18 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, May 2 from 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, May 16 from 10:30-11:30 am
Advance registration is required. Alternate dates and times are available for care facility programs. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215.340.9800 x124.
Art for All is generously supported by Merck, the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation, and the Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation.