The Michener Art Museum is a wonderful place for families and friends to spend time together. The arts experiences offered at the museum are accessible to all.
The James A. Michener Art Museum offers scholarships for art classes and summer camps to eligible kids and teens in the community based on financial need. School-Year Scholarships are good for one school-year (fall, winter, and spring). Summer Camp Scholarships are good for at least one summer art camp. Scholarships are awarded based on number of eligible applicants and available funds, and include a one-year Household level Museum Membership. This membership will enable awardees’ families to share the excitement of the Museum with their children with free admission, discounts on classes and events, and invitations to members’ previews and special programs.
Scholarship funds may also be available for schools, Scout troops, camps, or other organizations working with underserved communities, special populations, and/or diverse learners.
Scholarships at the Michener keep art at the heart of education.
To apply for a scholarship you need to begin by filling in the appropriate forms. These can be downloaded and printed by clicking the Apply Now button. To have forms mailed to you, please call 215.340.9800 x115.
Have questions? Call Andrea Thompson, Arts Education Manager at 215.340.9800 x115 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please Note: NEW School-Year and Summer Camp applications are separate forms. School-Year applications are good for Fall, Winter, and Spring classes. Summer Camp applications are good for at least one summer art camp. Sponsor letters are good for one calendar year.
- Deadline for Fall Applications: AUGUST 1
- Deadline for Summer Camp Applications: APRIL 1
- Fill in the form completely.
- Either attach or have sponsor send separately a Sponsor Recommendation Form. The form can be completed by a teacher, school principal, guidance counselor, or a health care provider — not a family member. They must be able to attest to your financial need.
- For camp, indicate the student’s preference of session and day of the week (we cannot guarantee that we can meet these requests).
- Mail the application to: Andrea Thompson, Scholarship Program, James A. Michener Art Museum, 138 S. Pine Street, Doylestown, PA 18901
- We will contact you to confirm your application has been received. Please note: submitting an application does not guarantee the awarding of a scholarship or placement in a class.
- Please note that the James A Michener Art Museum reserves the right to cancel a scholarship at any time for any reason.
To help a local child attend an art class or summer camp this year, please call 215.340.9800 x115 or e-mail Andrea Thompson
The Robert V. Nesi Education Award was established in 2002 in memory of Robert V. Nesi, son of Daniel and Polly Nesi. In addition, Isaac Witkin’s Waif’s Anchors (1986) was donated in memory of Robert V. Nesi by his family in 2008.
The Michener Art Museum Volunteer Scholarship for Art Education Endowment was established in 2013, thanks to the generosity of Museum volunteers.
The Holly Berry Huynh Memorial Scholarship Endowment was created in February 2013. Holly Berry Huynh was an active, enthusiastic, and creative participant in the Michener Art Museum’s summer camp program from 2010-2012. Her life was tragically cut short in November 2012, when she was 9 years old. Ongoing individual donations will keep Holly’s inspiration and spirit alive in the Education Center at the James A. Michener Art Museum.
The Doris Weiss Education Gallery Endowment was created in December 2016. It was founded by long-term volunteer and active Michener community member Doris Weiss. She always felt that the Education Gallery at the Michener was the perfect “doorway to the future” for student artists. Her generosity and spirit will help the Michener award four scholarships per year for an exemplary student exhibiting work in the Education Gallery.
For more information about educational initiatives that might benefit from your support, please contact Laurie McGahey, Deputy Director at 215.340.9800 x161 or email@example.com